Saturday, August 18, 2007

Paypal Makes It Impossible to Cancel Your Paypal Account

(from August 18, 2007)



Don't ever do business with Paypal. Unless you want to have an account for life with them.

I had a blog on Blog.ca which I still like and have never had problems with Blog.ca. So deciding I want to do more with my blog I got a paid account so I could add unlimited images as well as have numerous other features.

No problems. Then for awhile due to my other job I had at the time I actually had no time to blog(or do anything else for that matter). Figuring there's no point paying since I'm not using their service I emailed them. Blog.ca informed me everything is controlled by Paypal and my Blog.ca account must be cancelled through Paypal.

On Paypal's site after logging into my account I went to the page where I should be able to cancel. It wouldn't let me cancel my account telling me my cheque number is wrong. No it wasn't. I have the damn thing memorized.

So I then tried to cancel my Paypal account and again I'm told I have the wrong cheque number. Again, NOPE! It's correct. I assure you of that.

I then emailed Paypal explaining I no longer use Blog.ca and the Paypal site won't allow me to cancel my Paypal account. I get a reply from someone ashamed to sign their real name, calling himself or herself "Princess" apologizing for my inconvenience and telling me to cancel the account I must do it on the Account Setting page of my Paypal account. Obviously they didn't pay attention to my email. I tried but can't. It won't allow me to.

I then emailed once more. The same problem. The same reply. I then emailed back telling them not to let any payments go through to Blog.ca. Paypal let that money go through. Paypal people just do not listen. I even deleted my Blog.ca blog because Paypal makes it impossible to cancel an account.

I then contacted my credit union and told them any money to Blog.ca from Paypal send the cheque back and that's what they did. Two days after that I get an email from Paypal saying my cheque was returned and the account cancelled.

I should not have gone through all that. Paypal should have listened the first time I asked them politely to not let any cheques go through and they should've listened when I asked to cancel my Paypal account.

So my advice to you DON'T deal with Paypal. As you see from my experience Paypal will take your money as long as they can. Nice scam Paypal has going.

RELATED LINK
  • Don't Become a Paypal Horror Story--A Refund is Impossible(PaypalWarning.com)
  •