Thursday, April 17, 2008

The WRITE Reason



(from April 17, 2008)

Aha! After my last post on lack of motivation for writing the more I thought about it, it wasn't I don't want to write. In my present job I work the midnight shift. Well. you see I do my best writing midnights.

I used to work late afternoons and evenings and when I got home from work instead of sleeping I'd do lots of writing overnight. But now that I work the overnight shift of course I have no time to write because I'm working. And after my shift which is when everyone else is just waking up, I just don't have the inclination to write. All I want to do is sleep. Didn't feel that way with the other shift. Very rarely I slept then and wasn't as tired as I have been lately.

Whenever, and this is unfortunately a very big IF, if I get days(meaning days/afternoons/evenings) I know I'll be inspred to write lots. Not just occasionally. But when do I get to go on days? (sigh!).