Thursday, April 10, 2008

Way Too Many Fake Celebrities on Facebook...I Mean Fakebook



(from April 10, 2008)

I've been on Facebook for over a year. Found people I lost contact with or they found me. That's the easy part.

The difficult part is trying to figure out which celebrities are real and which are fake. Since I plan on being a paid writer sometime this century I add celebrities I'm a fan of to my friends list. Well I hope that person is really who they claim to be. Need to add to my contact list in the hopes it's really that person and I need to interview them one day for an article. I have the questions ready but I'm not asking/interviewing until I'm 110 per cent sure it's the real deal!

Some accept. Some don't. Some "posers"(people pretending to be a certain celebrity)are very good at making it look like they're the real person. Isn't it a criminal offence to use someone else's identity?(why don't social networking sites Facebook, MySpace and others do something about it instead of trying to outdo each other by just allowing more members so their membership number increases?).

Anyways one of the friends I had on there was "Hilary Duff." I did a small test to see if it was in fact her. For those who don't know each person has a message board known as "The Wall."

I noticed only one or two people were writing on "The Wall" which got me suspicious as a real celeb would post comments from ALL people. On The Wall I said I think she's a great role model for the younger people. My message got deleted.

Obviously this was a fake. Wouldn't the real Hilary Duff(or any other celebrity in her position) be proud of that? No reason to delete The Wall post unless it's a fake celeb.

I'm still testing out some others I'm not sure if they're the real deal or not but since when does Lindsay Lohan spell her name as "Lindsay Lohans"(when I questioned her on it(the "s"in her last name)she claimed it's how it's really spelled. Funny but how come none of the world media ever reported on the "real name" if in fact it is true? And Britney Spears adds an extra "s" in her name also so it reads "Britney Spearss."(haven't had the opportunity to question her on this).

By the way on Facebook there are four(4)people claiming to be the real Lindsay Lohan and five(5)who say they are Hilary Duff and nine(9)claiming to be Britney Spears.

Due to all these fakes I'm beginning to agree with a Facebook group I joined. Called "if i can change the FACEBOOK name i will change it to FAKEBOOK(read recent)".